Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How I found my wedding dress

Against all odds I get to wear my dream dress on March 9th. The way everything worked out was amazing, and I am blessed. 
I have always loved the style of my dress but most designs were upwards of $5000, way outside of my budget.
I had come to terms with the fact that I would have to settle for a dress other than the one I loved.
I found a perfect one on Etsy but it was still $1,250 a little over my $1000 budget, I kept an eye on it though because I loved it so much.
One day while perusing Pinterest I came across a pin of that perfect dress from Etsy, I clicked on it expecting it to take me to Etsy but it didn't.
It took me to a website that was using the pictures of the dress and claiming it as their own.
I copied the links and messaged the seller on Etsy, she was horrified that someone would do that and quickly contacted them telling them to remove her pictures.
They did and she messaged me back thanking me and offered me 20% off if I decided to order the dress from her.
Bringing the total of my dream dress under my budget.
I still can't believe that this happened to me, I mean things like that only happen in books and movies right?!
Thanks to my obsession with Pinterest and Etsy, I am now the proud owner of my dream dress.
Dreams do come true, even in the most unusual and unexpected ways!


2 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from The Stuff of Success. I would love it if you have a moment to stop by and check out TSOS. Thanks and have a great day. Athena

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just TOO perfect! It was obviously meant to be your dress! Cant wait to see the pictures of you in it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your sweet words, so comment away and I'll do my best to respond to each and every one of you!

Pin It button on image hover