Friday, December 28, 2012

Year in Review

This past year has been crazy. 
It has definitely had it's fair share of trials, but looking back I wouldn't change a thing because I see now how much closer my family is to each other and God.
Starting off in January I moved to Chandler, AZ again to be with my Grandparents as my Grandpa struggled with cancer.
I continued schooling there for a semester and was able to be with Jeremiah through that time, which was a huge blessing he was my rock during everything.
(Together again!)
In February Jeremiah and I celebrated our One year Anniversary, and he surprised me with a roof top dinner!
(Anniversary/Valentines Dinner)
In April Jeremiah and my friends pulled off a surprise party for my 21st birthday.
(Surprise! I was shocked)
Jeremiah graduated college in May!
(So proud of him!)
In May both my Grandparents and I headed back up to Alaska to help my parents fix their house so they could sell it.
(Reunited with my siblings)
In July we accepted an offer on their house but the buyers needed approval from their bank, this ended up taking three very long months.
In August my Grandparents went back to Arizona and my Grandpa was declared cancer free!
(My Grandparents and I-aren't they adorable?!)
Finally in October we made the very long and exhausting drive from Alaska to South Dakota.
(Our caravan for 3000+ miles) 
Later that month I got engaged!
(Jeremiah's visit to SD)
Once in South Dakota my Dad went through the long and difficult process of finding a job, and then two companies offered him jobs, my parents and I went through a lot of prayer trying to discern which job was the best.
After much prayer we all felt peace and he accepted one and we moved to Custer, SD.
(Finally in SD)
One week after accepting this job the boss came and told him that the oil run he was hired on for had fallen through and they didn't have much work for him.
Obviously we were confused as to why this would happen after seeking God's will so fervently.  Dad contacted the other company and was told he would have to go through the whole process again to be considered for hire.
He applied and finally after a very long month we received word that he was accepted and got the other job.
This year has been a roller coaster, but I am thankful for everything that happened this year and looking forward to everything God has planned 2013!



12 comments:

  1. hi. i'm following the "aloha friday" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog!
      -Maia

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a busy year you have had! It's always fun to look back on the year and see everything that you have done. Just found your blog and have enjoyed looking around and getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    Bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! This has been a busy year, but it still ended up being a good one :)
      -Maia

      Delete
  3. Hey girlie! I'm stopping by from the "I love my post" hop. You have had a busy year, it looks like you've pulled through nicely. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I found out i had cancer in March. If you get a chance please stop by to say hi? I hope you & your family are having a great Saturday!

    XOXO
    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Cancer is hard on everyone, thankfully my grandpa is in the home stretch of recovery. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
      -Maia

      Delete
  4. Hi I found you through the I love my Blog. Please stop by and say hi when you get a minute.. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great year, our life is definitely a rollercoaster as well. Just found your blog through Let Them Eat Cake's hop and so glad I did. I'm your newest follower, feel free to check out my blog sometime and follow back. Have a wonderful new year!

    The Real McCoy(s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my little blog!
      -Maia

      Delete
  6. great review.
    I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your sweet words, so comment away and I'll do my best to respond to each and every one of you!

Pin It button on image hover