Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wedding Wednesday

Every Wednesday I am going to try and post something about how my wedding planning is going and what decisions I've made so far.
Right now planning is in kind of a limbo, I want to enjoy this Christmas season with my family so that has been my main focus. 
I have been looking at dresses for our engagement pictures though. 
I like the look of this dress from Modcloth. Reading the reviews though I'm just not sure if my mom and I would be able to alter the dress to fit correctly.

I have a couple DIY projects that I need to get going on, so after the holidays I'll show you some of those if they turn out. 

I found this sight, that has an awesome checklist for planning a wedding in three months. It's really helpful since most wedding planning checklists are for a year or more. So far this is what I've been able to cross off my list.

Overall:
1.     Set a date
2.     Book a venue
3.     Book photographer
4.     Engagement photos
5.     Book videographer
6.   Meet Photographer-In January
7.     Ask bridal party to be in wedding
8.     Create wedding website
9.     Book florist-We are pretty much doing this ourselves, but we still have to order them.
10. Buy wedding dress
11. Select bridesmaid dresses
12. Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
13. Find veil
14. Book cake baker (I decided to decorate it myself)
15. Buy cake knife and server
16. Marriage Counseling
17. Finalize guest list
18. Antique cake stand
19. Cake topper
20. Ring pillow
21. Order stamps
22.  Order guest book (I want to do something different with this)
23. DIY Decorations
24. Register
25. Reserve hotel room blocks
27. MOB & MOH dress shopping
28. Find wedding shoes
29. Choose wedding jewelry
30. Find garter
31. Clutch for bride
32. Sash or belt for bride
33. Something old
34. Something new
35. Something borrowed
36. Something blue
38. Make day-of emergency kit
39. Going away outfit (just going to leave in my dress)
40. Book makeup artist and hair stylist
42. Getting ready outfit for bride and bridesmaids
45. Hair and makeup trial
48. Order invitations
49. Send invitations
50. Bridal party gifts/groomsmen gifts
51. Purchase wedding bands
52. Put together picture list for photographer
53. Get marriage license
54. Book transportation for wedding party
56. Gift for Groom
59. Book wedding night hotel room
60. Order thank you notes
61. Tips and thank you notes for vendors
62. Engagement announcements in paper etc
GET MARRIED!!

Rehearsal Dinner:
1.     Book venue
4.     Rehearsal dinner caterer (still need to place order)
6.     Order invitations
7.     Send invitations
8.   Rehearsal dinner dress

Excetra:
1.     Bachelorette party
2.     Bachelor party
3.     Bridal showers
4.     Book honeymoon
5.     Honeymoon shopping
6.  Hostess gift for all my showers
7.  Dresses for showers

There is still so much to get done, and time is slipping by quickly!
Hopefully everything works out, if not I'll still get to marry my best friend on March 9th!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your sweet words, so comment away and I'll do my best to respond to each and every one of you!

Pin It button on image hover