Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Time

Christmas, it is my very favorite time of year, I honestly can't think of one thing that I don't love about this season. Everything from the crowds, to cookies, lights and traditions just make my heart happy. This year was especially special and difficult for me at the same time as I watched my family open presents and my little brother and sister jump for joy, tears welled up in my eyes as I realized this would be my last Christmas sharing their last name, that I would miss out on some of their Christmases, and I was no longer guaranteed coming home and spending Christmas with them every year. I do look forward to be able to spend a Christmas with Jeremiah next year when we're married, but I am a huge family oriented person, they mean the world to me and it's hard to think of not being there. My siblings are so young, and they always make the holidays magical with their wide eyes and joy over every little thing. To make things easier on me Jeremiah has agreed to incorporate some of my family traditions into our Christmas next year.
 Every year there are certain things I look forward to come Christmas time. Every year on Christmas Eve we first take a drive and look at all the Christmas light on our town, then we get all dressed up and reenact the Christmas story before having a big breakfast dinner picnic. We lay a picnic blanket out in front of the tree, turn of all the house lights and have a full breakfast shebang by the light of the Christmas tree. Christmas Eve is also when our family opens all our presents to each other. Christmas morning we open our stockings and then eat a family passed down recipe of sticky buns. Usually after that we head over to my grandparents house and open presents there and have Christmas dinner. I know next year will different and perhaps a little difficult for me but I also know that spending Christmas with my best friend will be wonderful, the two years we've been together we have yet to spend a Christmas in the same state, hundreds of miles have always separated us.
 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed every second spent with your family and friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your sweet words, so comment away and I'll do my best to respond to each and every one of you!

Pin It button on image hover